Getaways for Grownups is an online magazine written by professional writers for adults seeking travel options that do not include children. There are hundreds of websites devoted to family travel. Our goal is different. We scout the earth for places to go and things to do that are adult oriented. Not kinky. Just grownup.
- Adults deserve fun.
- Adult vacations are more necessary than indulgent.
- Adults who don’t have children are no less entitled to discounts and deals than those who do.
- Adults have the right to crawl into a hotel bed knowing that the mattress has never been peed upon.
- Food fights and temper tantrums are unseemly.
- Travel nourishes the soul, stimulates the brain, refreshes perspective and develops character.
- It’s perfectly OK for parents to take time for themselves—in fact, we have happy childhood memories of time spent with grandparents and other trusted adults while our parents went on their own vacations. Everybody wins.
- Adult vacations can be romantic getaways or solo escapes, shared among friends or group tours, planned or spontaneous, honeymoons or holidays, pure fun or educational, whatever—just don’t let your precious employer-paid vacation days go unused!
Few travel destinations these days cater to an adults-only crowd. We hope that, with an audience of sufficient size, this magazine will help influence decision makers at hotels, restaurants and other public venues to take notice of this under-served niche. It’s a big dream. We’re willing to take the first steps.