Stay with a friend on the Mississippi Gulf Coast in Biloxi.
21 Plus Salute! The 85,000 square foot casino is strictly reserved for adults age 21 and older.
By Hope S. Philbrick
This resort casino has a nickname: The Beau.
If you don’t know Beau Rivage as “The Beau,” odds are you haven’t visited it before. Because one visit is all you need to feel like this place is a friend, and friends often get monikers of warm familiarity.
Beau Rivage has many friends: You’ll hear fellow guests refer to “The Beau” on elevators, in buffet lines, at slot machines, while getting pedicures, basically anywhere and everywhere on site as well as on social media and beyond the property.
Having attended multiple multi-day conferences at The Beau over the past several years, this Gulf Coast resort and I have a deeper-than-usual relationship. This is where I learned to play video poker, first learned how to throw Mardi Gras beads, hid out during a tornado storm, felt comfortable enough to wear a robe on the elevator from the spa to my guestroom, celebrated professional achievements, fostered dozens of enduring alliances. So when a recent road trip passed through Biloxi, Mississippi, I planned an overnight in order to introduce my husband to my pal, The Beau. His reaction was as expected and typical when meeting one of my friends: He was instantly smitten.
At 32 stories and 3.2 million square feet, Beau Rivage is the tallest and largest building in Mississippi. Among its amenities is a luxurious spa and salon, ten restaurants, four lounges and bars, 12 boutique shops, a pool, a theater, and a state-of-the-art casino with 83 table games, 1,945 slot machines, 165 video poker games and a 16-table poker room. There’s also a high-roller area with 11 blackjack tables, 95 slot machines, a baccarat table and more.
In short, there is no excuse to get bored here.
The guestrooms are grand, inviting retreats in which to linger after a long drive. The beds are extra comfy with double pillow-top mattresses, the views of the Mississippi Gulf or Back Bay are stunning and relaxing, and the décor is elegant yet simple with earth tones and original artwork. The bathrooms are extra luxurious—easy to share or decadent private retreats—with marble floors, long counters near the sink, deep bathtubs and separate shower stalls.
The newest restaurant at The Beau is Coast Seafood & Brew, which has a laid-back sports bar vibe. The menu offers fresh seafood—sourced locally to the extent possible—oysters on the half shell, hearty appetizers, flatbreads, steaks and more. My personal favorite dish is the black grouper with black pepper parmesan grits, braised greens and chimichurri….serious yum, I wish I was eating it again right now. More than 40 craft brews are also served; the made-in-Mississippi Lazy Magnolia Southern Pecan never disappoints.
Before departing enjoy breakfast at Terrace Café, located in the atrium lobby. Dining in this casual space can feel like sitting in a garden since the dining room is surrounded by lush plants. Breakfast can be as healthy oatmeal or as decadent eggs Benedict, as suits your craving and willpower.
As is true when visiting any friend, it’s hard to leave. But I know I’ll return to The Beau.
- Beau Rivage is a wholly-owned subsidiary of MGM Resorts International
- Originally opened March 16, 1999; re-opened after Hurricane Katrina August 29, 2006
- Original cost and enhancements $800 million; renovations cost $550 million
- The largest resort in the Southeast to receive the AAA Four Diamond award
- Recognized by Conde Nast Traveler and Travel + Leisure as one of the top resorts in the U.S.
- Features the most table games, guest rooms and meeting space on the Gulf Coast
- Complimentary parking
- Complimentary WiFi
- 1,740 guestrooms, including 95 suites
- 10 restaurants
- 4 lounges and bars
- 12 retail shops
- Outdoor pool
- 20,000 square foot spa and salon located on site offers dozens of private service rooms and an array of personalized treatment options
- Award-winning Tom Fazio-designed championship golf course, Fallen Oak
- 85,000 square foot casino features 83 table games, 1,945 slot machines, 165 video poker games, and a 16-table poker room plus a high-roller salon with 11 blackjack tables, 95 slot machines and more!
- Business Center
- 50,000 square feet of meeting and convention space
- Top entertainers perform in the 1,550-seat theater every weekend
- Odds of Encountering Children: Generally low. Zero in the casino. 21 Plus Salute!
Beau Rivage Resort Casino
875 Beach Blvd.
Biloxi, MS 39530
– Property photos courtesy Beau Rivage; food photos © HSP Media LLC
Featured products, services and/or travel arrangements may have been complimentary in part or in full; this affords the research opportunity but does not sway opinion.