Live and laugh it up in Asheville, North Carolina, February 24-26, 2017.
21 Plus Salute!
By Hope S. Philbrick
For the 28th year, the hills will be enlivened with the sound of laughter when the Omni Grove Park Inn hosts its annual Comedy Classic weekend, February 24-26, 2017.
This gem of a resort nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains in Asheville, North Carolina—one of our favorite adults-oriented communities—hosts the comedy weekend to help beat the winter blahs.
In 2017, the guest comedians include headliners Roy Wood, Jr. and Michael Kosta plus Aaron Kleiber, Michael Palascak, Gina Brillion, Joe List, Greg Warren and others.
Performers are selected by a panel of judges who review taped performances submitted months in advance; while the final roster represents a mix of comedians, all are very funny.
“Each year we go through hundreds of vetted comedians who are on the rise of their careers to select the group who will perform for Comedy Classic weekend,” says Tracey Johnston-Crum, director of public relations and community outreach for the Omni Grove Park Inn. “Our goal is to secure great talent just as they are beginning to gain national recognition in order that our guests see the next big comedian before their big break.”
“This year we have a solid line up to appeal to a group that really wants to have fun,” she says. “There will be great wit, clever observations, and even a little physical comedy to add to the levity. And don’t forget the best, exclusive perk to being a package holder: Package guests get a Q&A session on Saturday afternoon with the comedians to find out who they are and what makes them tick.”
The weekend package includes two nights of luxurious accommodations, two tickets to each of the two nights of hilarious comedic performances, two tickets to the Comedy Panel (where the guest comedians answer audience questions), breakfast for two each morning, and overnight parking.
21 Plus Salute! To attend a comedy performance, you must be age 21 or older.
My husband and I attended the Comedy Classic weekend in February 2016 and had a blast. If you like comedy clubs, this is even better: Just as many laughs, but the floors and tables aren’t sticky.
- Available February 22-28, 2017; two night minimum length of stay that must include nights of February 24 and February 25. Subject to availability.
- Includes the “Art of Breakfast” at Blue Ridge, each morning per registered guest
- Includes two tickets to attend the Friday night AND Saturday night comedy performances as well as access to the Saturday afternoon Comedy Panel
- Overnight valet or garage self-parking, one car per room
- Waived resort service fee
- Weekend package rates starting at $796, based on double occupancy
- Odds of Encountering Children: At the resort, varies (but low on this weekend). Zero at all comedy events. 21 Plus Salute!
Omni Grove Park Inn
290 Macon Ave.
Asheville NC 28804
– Photos © HSP Media LLC
Featured products, services and/or travel arrangements may have been complimentary in part or in full; this affords the research opportunity but does not sway opinion.