Quality lodging with a friendly Southern twist defines this homey hotel.
By Hope S. Philbrick
Hate hotel chains? Let this one win you over. It’s the perfect blend of what’s best about the mid-upscale big national chains–namely, consistent quality and affordability—with what’s great about independents—such as personality and friendliness. By the time that you complete the check-in process, odds are that you’ll be on a first-name basis with one of the most sincere and helpful folks working in hospitality. And once you open the door, the sight and smell of the spotlessly clean room will set the stage for relaxation. Whether staying for work or play, you’ll find all the essentials in your spacious guestroom that’s warm with charm. After a good night’s sleep and a satisfying breakfast, you’ll feel ready to face whatever the day ahead holds.
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Stone Mountain
1852 Rockbridge Road
Stone Mountain GA 30087
800- 830-5222 or 770-465-6515
- All Country Inn & Suites properties in North America offer free high-speed Intenet access.
- Bathtubs are standard.
- There is an indoor pool, a fitness center and a business center.
- Coffee makers are in each room with selections for hot tea. Many suites also provide refrigerators and microwaves. In addition, a variety of hot tea, hot chocolate and coffee is available in the lobby 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- Complimentary Be Our Guest Breakfast features a variety of choices, including multiple hot options such as sausage and eggs, biscuits and gravy, French toast, build-your-own omelets, oatmeal, plus cereal, pastries, a yogurt parfait bar and much more.
- Free on-site parking.
- No airport shuttle service is available to this hotel since it is located outside the metro area near Stone Mountain Park—which is precisely why this is a very convenient location if your itinerary includes the park or one of its many events such as the Lasershow Spectacular (March-October), Yellow Daisy Festival (September), Highland Games (October), Stone Mountain Christmas (November & December), and much more.
- Local calls are free. Long distance charges range from $1 to $2.50 a minute.
- During the week and during the school year, business travelers are more common at this hotel than families with children. Whenever you visit, inform the reservationist that you are traveling without children and the hotel staff will make an effort to book you into a room near other adults.
- Rates from $89/night.
—Photo Credits: exterior © HSP Media LLC; superior king room courtesy Country Inn & Suites By Carlson.
Featured products, services and/or travel arrangements may have been complimentary in part or in full; this affords the research opportunity but does not sway opinion.