Tap into the 32nd Annual Main Street Fest in Grapevine, Texas, May 20-22, 2016.
21 Plus Salute!
Fun is brewing at Grapevine’s 32nd Annual Main Street Fest A Craft Brew Experience this May 20, 21 and 22. Tap into the weekend and get your tickets now for the most exciting Craft Brew festival in North Texas.
Of particular interest to grownups, the 32nd Annual Main Street Fest coincides with American Craft Beer Week, as well as the celebration of the Bavarian Beer Purity Law of 1516, enacted by Duke Wilhelm IV, and the oldest law governing food and beverage. This year, Ingolstadt, Germany, one hour north of Munich, celebrates the 500 hundred years of the Bavarian Beer Purity Law. To commemorate this anniversary and reenact the reading of the 1516 proclamation, Duke Wilhelm IV will make a special appearance at Main Street Fest. This special appearance will include daily tappings featuring special 500th Jubilee Brew from Brewery Herrnbraeu in Ingolstadt, Germany.
Buy your tickets now for the Craft Brew Experience, which is only for adults age 21 and older. This exciting festival favorite allows ticket holders to choose 12 two-ounce pours produced by more than 36 national, Texas and local breweries. More than 75 varieties of craft brews will be available. Ticket holders are encouraged to vote for their favorites among the 15 states represented in the State Brew Challenge. Tickets for the Craft Brew Experience are $15 in advance or $18 at the festival. Additional tastings are available for purchase on-site. Ticket prices do not include festival admission.
Celebrate the craft brew experience at pre-festival Craft Brew Dinners and Brewery Tours in the weeks prior to Main Street Fest. These unique events will be led by brewmasters, brewery representatives and chefs, and will feature food designed to specifically enhance the craft brew experience. The details for the Craft Brew Dinners and Brewery Tours are:
- Sunday, April 17, 6:30 p.m., Audacity Brew House, 1012 Shady Oaks Dr., Denton, Pairing Dinner, $30 per person
- Tuesday, April 26, 6:30 p.m., Mac’s On Main, 909 S. Main St., Grapevine, featuring Deep Ellum Brewery (Dallas, TX), Pairing Dinner, $50 per person
- Saturday, April 30, 6:30 p.m., Community Brewery Tour and Tasting (Dallas, TX)
- Thursday, May 5, 6:30 p.m., Chill, 814 S. Main St., featuring Saint Arnold Brewery (Houston, TX), Pairing Dinner, $55 per person
- Tuesday, May 10, 7 p.m., Wise Guys Pizza, 322 S. Park Blvd., featuring Community Brewing Company, (Dallas, TX), Pairing Dinner, $30 per person
- Wednesday, May 11, 6:30 p.m., Tolbert’s Restaurant, 423 S. Main St., featuring Real Ale Brewing Company (Blanco, TX), Pairing Dinner, $48 per person
- Tuesday, May 17, 7 p.m., Rockfish Grill, 4740 State Hwy 121, Lewisville, featuring Franconia Brewery (McKinney, TX), Pairing Dinner, $48 per person
Hear live music on multiple stages throughout Main Street Fest. Stages include the Michelob Ultra Main Stage, the Gazebo Stage and the Palace Theatre stage. Confirmed groups include The Romantics as well as singer Rodney Crowell. Returning this year is the 3rd Annual DFW ICON vocal competition, presented by JG Entertainment. DFW ICON will open the microphone to talented singers between the ages of 7 to 24 years. Winner packages exceed $20,000 in prizes including recording, branding, photo shoots, image consulting and more.
Main Street Fest is three days of family-friendly festival fun for all ages. There’s a KidZone, aquarium touch pool, carnival games and much more.
Taste buds will be tempted all weekend long. Plus, shop for great gifts and special “just for me” spoils at the new and returning specialty vendors. During the festival, the locally-owned shops, galleries, restaurants, jewelry stores, boutiques and more lining Grapevine’s Main Street, a National Register Historic District, will be open.
The 32nd Annual Main Street Fest opens Friday, May 20 at 10 a.m. and admission is free until 5 p.m. Festival hours are Friday, May 20 and Saturday, May 21, 10 a.m.-11:30 p.m. and Sunday, May 22, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. After 5 p.m. on Friday, adults are $7 and children 6-12 and seniors are $5. Weekend passes are $15. Souvenir weekend passes are $20. Complimentary shuttles run continuously from designated parking lots.
The Craft Brew Experience is exclusive to adults age 21 and older. 21 Plus Salute!
– Text & images courtesy Grapevine Texas CVB