By Hope S. Philbrick
Stay on a high floor at the new Hyatt Atlanta Perimeter at Villa Christina, and the view out your window is treetops, not a skyline or parking lot as you might have anticipated.
Yes, you’re in the big city of Atlanta, but it will seem like you’re in some remote park.
Fall back on the bed and say ahhhh.
Or, perhaps you’d rather watch TV from the comfort of a sectional sofa while sipping a drink you mixed up at the wet bar in your executive suite. Or perhaps you’d rather soak in the deep bathtub, slip into a robe and slippers and call room service. Whatever.
Use your sanctuary as suits your mood.
This new hotel opened May 27, 2014. The first new full-service hotel built in Atlanta’s Central Perimeter market in 25 years, Hyatt Atlanta Perimeter at Villa Christina is situated in Perimeter Summit, an 83-acre mixed-use development that offers expansive outdoor gardens, meeting and conference facilities, wedding and special event venues, along with fine dining and recreational options.
The hotel décor is sleek contemporary with high-tech amenities. Feeling anti-social? You need not interact with other humans: The hotel offers online check-in and check-out. Feeling social? Head to the on-site bar or rooftop pool and mingle.
Rooms are clean, spacious and outfitted with everything you might reasonably need for a comfortable stay. All hotel chains brag about their bedding, but Hyatt’s claim is no empty boast: this mattress and box-spring set offers supreme comfort for deep, restful sleep.
It’s an experience that bears repeating.
Don’t feel like driving to dinner? You don’t have to! Take the elevator to the lobby and step on over to Villa Christina for an upscale dining experience on site. Chef Andreas Georgakopoulos and his team present Mediterranean-inspired cuisine made of fresh, seasonal ingredients. The crab cake is loaded with meat, steak seared to perfection, and sea bass succulent. Expect attentive service, a comprehensive bar menu and elegant atmosphere. One meal here and you’ll understand why Villa Christina is a popular choice for weddings, anniversaries, birthday parties and other special occasions.
- Located near GA-400 and I-85
- 177 guestrooms, including 15 suites
- Executive suites boast 900 square feet of space, including separate living and bedroom areas—plus a wet bar area, a luxurious bathroom with separate tub and large shower, and an additional half-bath
- Complimentary self-parking; valet is also available.
- Rooftop pool.
- Walking trails through the nature conservation area.
- 24-hour fitness center with advanced cardio and weight equipment.
- Buckhead Massage Company spa located on-site.
- Complimentary hotel shuttle transportation within a 3-mile radius.
- Business center.
- With more than 13,000 square feet of event space, the facility can accommodate corporate meetings, weddings and other special events.
- On-site dining options include: Villa Christina, fine dining with a Northern Italian twist; Caffé Christina, for quick bites on the run; in-room dining; and Sassafras bar.
- Odds of Encountering Children: Possible. For the best odds, visit during the week when business travelers are the most typical guests.
Update: The property was awarded the prestigious AAA Four Diamond rating in 2015, just three months shy of its one-year anniversary.
Hyatt Atlanta Perimeter at Villa Christina
4000 Summit Boulevard
Atlanta, GA 30319
– Property photos courtesy 360 Media for Hyatt Atlanta Perimeter at Villa Christina; food photos © HSP Media LLC
Featured products, services and/or travel arrangements may have been complimentary in part or in full; this affords the research opportunity but does not sway opinion.