Spring is pollen season in Atlanta. Breathe easy in a PURE room.
By Hope S. Philbrick
The Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center in Atlanta, Georgia, now offers 15 hypoallergenic guestrooms so allergy-prone travelers can breathe easier, get a better night’s sleep and wake up refreshed.
Working in partnership with PURE Solutions to ensure these rooms remain 99.9% allergy free, the hotel has installed patented technology and implemented a patented six-step PURE cleaning process:
- HVAC systems are routinely cleaned to remove potential irritants and provide consistently clean air flow.
- All surfaces are deep cleansed and sanitized to eliminate any dirt, mold or bacteria.
- A four-hour ozone treatment eliminates any lingering odors, providing a fresh, crisp environment.
- A bacteriostatic barrier is applied to all surfaces, providing continuous resistance to microorganism growth.
- A four-level air filtration system provides 24-hour protection against airborne bacteria, fungus and virus circulation. This state-of-the-art system has earned a Class II Medical Device certification from the FDA due to its ability to kill 98% of all viruses and bacteria.
- Allergen-friendly bed encasings protect mattresses and pillows from dust mites.
I recently stayed in a PURE room and the first thing that I noticed was that it looked like any other Marriott room, with the same comforts and conveniences. I might not have noticed it was PURE (though a placard is posted).
Marriott hotels are generally clean and comfortable and this Buckhead location is no exception. Lodging in a PURE room is like staying at a familiar, friendly, cozy space, not like entering a protective bubble.
Even the bathroom was stocked with the standard Marriott toiletry amenities from Bath & Body Works. While I happen to like these products and even the Marriott’s choice of the Orange Ginger aroma, to better leverage the PURE theme perhaps all of the toiletries in PURE rooms should be perfume- and chemical-free allergen-free options for folks with sensitive skin. (FYI, I passed that recommendation onto the hotel, so if they make the change you can thank Getaways for Grownups.)
- Vibe: Chic Business-Casual
- Complimentary Wi-Fi is available in all of the common areas. In-room access costs $12.95 for 24-hours.
- Bathtubs are standard in all rooms.
- Complimentary in-room coffee maker and supplies (including tea).
- Shula’s 347 Grill is located on-site.
- Parking is $30 per day for valet or $20 per day for self-parking in the on-site garage.
- Rates from $109 per night.
- PURE rooms are an additional $25
Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center
3405 Lenox Rd. NE
Atlanta, Georgia 30326
-Photos Courtesy Marriott Hotels
Featured products, services and/or travel arrangements may have been complimentary in part or in full; this affords the research opportunity but does not sway opinion.