Where to stay in Blowing Rock, North Carolina.
By Hope S. Philbrick
If you’ve always wanted to feel rich without actually forking over too much cash, book a stay at Meadowbrook Inn in Blowing Rock, North Carolina.
You can sprawl out in a suite at surprisingly affordable rates—plus, if your travel dates are flexible, you can save even more with specials.
It’s easy to feel like a lottery winner when your hotel room is really multiple rooms decked out with amenities like a fireplace, wet bar, sunroom, and jetted hydrotherapy tub. You can really kick it up a notch by booking one of the hotel’s two-story pool suites that offer a private pool—that’s right! Enjoy a private indoor swimming pool!
Blowing Rock has been a tourist destination for more than a century. Its namesake is an attraction that boasts amazing views and a consistent cool breeze. Located in the mountains near the Blue Ridge Parkway, the area offers hiking, horseback riding, golf, skiing, whitewater rafting, canoeing and a quaint downtown.
Meadowbrook Inn is located a short stroll away from Blowing Rock’s appealing mix of antique shops, galleries, boutiques, restaurants, and brew pubs and is a short drive from the town of Boone where you can find even more shopping and dining options plus plenty of to-dos. Friendly staffers at Meadowbrook Inn are ready to answer questions, make recommendations, and help ensure you have whatever sort of visitor experience you crave.
Book a suite and you may not want to leave your room, though. Add a romance package and you may not have to: You’ll get a tray of chocolate-covered strawberries, a platter of fruit and cheese, plus a bottle of house wine (your choice of red or white wine).
Sink into the relaxed vibe that permeates Meadowbrook Inn and the town of Blowing Rock, and you’ll start planning a return visit even before you leave.
- Free parking
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free breakfast
- Pet-friendly rooms available
- Indoor swimming pool available to all guests
- Fitness center
- 62 rooms and suites, decorated in a traditional style
- All guestrooms are equipped with flat screen TVs with 100+ HD satellite channels
- In-room coffee makers with basic supplies
- Deluxe King Rooms feature upgraded amenities including fireplace, sunroom with hill views, sleeper sofa, oversized bathroom with an air massage hydrotherapy tub.
- Executive King Suites have luxurious king beds, fireplace, open-air patio, sleeper sofa, wet bar, and whirlpool tub for two.
- Two Bedroom Suites feature a master bedroom with king bed, a second bedroom with two queen beds, and one bathroom. Amenities include a fireplace, open-air patio, wet bar, sleeper sofa, and shower/tub combination.
- Pool Suites have an open-air patio, fireplace, private pool, sleeper sofa, wet bar, and whirlpool tub for two. Floating mats, bath sheets and bathrobes are provided by the hotel. The indoor pools are located down a spiral staircase from the suite’s living room.
- Check out the hotel’s sister property Linden Row in Richmond, Va.
Blowing Rock is the only full-service town located on the Blue Ridge Parkway, which is known as “America’s Favorite Drive.”
According to Ripley’s Believe It or Not, “The Blowing Rock is the only place in the world where it snows upside down.”
The town is named for the Blowing Rock, a cliff 4,000 feet above sea level that overhangs Johns River Gorge.
Blowing Rock’s calendar is filled with events and activities that lure overnight visitors, day-trippers and locals.
Blowing Rock is located less than two hours from Charlotte and Greensboro, three hours from Knoxville and Raleigh and five hours from Atlanta and Charleston.
711 Main Street
Blowing Rock, NC 28605
- Go horseback riding in Blowing Rock.
- Enjoy events in Blowing Rock.
- Shop Mast General Store in nearby Boone plus the original location in nearby Valle Crucis.
– Photo Credits: Pool and exterior courtesy Meadowbrook Inn, remainder © HSP Media LLC
Featured products, services and/or travel arrangements may have been complimentary in part or in full; this affords the research opportunity but does not sway opinion. Thanks to Meadowbrook Inn for hosting our stay and touring us through the various different types of suites available.