Getaways for Grownups is an online magazine written by professional writers for adults seeking travel options that do not include children. There are hundreds of websites devoted to family travel. Our goal is different. We scout the earth for places to go and things to do that are adult oriented. Not kinky. Just grownup.
Getaways for Grownups is aimed at adults seeking travel options that do not include children or teens. Readers are age 21 and older. They are financially secure and may be single or married, gay or straight, parents or not, English-language readers living anywhere in the world. Most readers have valid passports.
The magazine was launched September 1, 2012. The audience continues to grow. Stats as of 9/7/18:
- 9,000+ unique monthly visitors; average 200+ per day
- 80% female; 20% male
- 75% reside in the U.S.
- Others reside in Canada, France, U.K., Germany, Australia, India, Brazil, Ireland, Philippines and beyond
- Monday, 9 a.m. is the most popular time for reader engagement
- Google Search is the most popular way readers find our site
- 1,100+ newsletter subscribers
- Social Media: 100% organic, zero paid followers, zero paid page promotions
- Instagram: 8,585 followers
- 54% female; 46% male
- 20% age 18-24; 32% age 25-34; 22% age 35-44; 14% age 45-54; 6% age 55-64; 3% age 65+
- 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. see the heaviest traffic; views are steady throughout the week
- 37% of followers reside in the U.S.A.
- 4% live in the U.K.
- 2% live in Atlanta, Georgia
- 1% live in New York City
- Facebook: 1,126 page likes; 1,112 page followers
- 79% female; 19% male
- 94% reside in the U.S.
- Top 7 Cities: Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; Charlotte, NC; New York, NY; Charleston, SC; Albuquerque, NM; Asheville, NC
- 1% age 18-24; 14% age 25-34; 24% age 35-44; 32% age 45-54; 18% age 55-64; 11% age 65+
- Twitter: 1,453 followers
- Average 48.95k impressions/month (Jan 1-Dec 31 2017)
- 71% female; 29% male
- 99% cite English as a native language
- 86% reside in the U.S.
- 43% reside in the Southeastern U.S.; Canada and the U.K. are each 3%
- 4% age 18-24; 14% age 25-34; 27% age 35-44; 15% age 45-54; 22% age 55-64; 18% age 65+
- 9% earn an annual income of $60-75k; 19% earn $75-100k; 13% earn $100-125k; 10% earn $125-150k; 14% earn $150-200k
- 45% high school graduates; 35% college graduates; 20% earned a graduate degree
- Consumer Buying Styles: 81% shop for premium brands; 68% fresh and healthy; 65% ethnic explorers
- Cited Interests: 58% travel news; 55% adventure travel; 55% music festivals and concerts; 44% luxury travel; 40% air travel; 40% hotels; 26% American cuisine
- Read Via: 35% iPhone; 17% Android; 48% desktop computer
Editorial subjects are geared to be timeless more than trendy, international in scope, cover a range of interests, and accompanied by compelling photos. To keep the online magazine fresh, content is published monthly or more often at the editor’s discretion. The magazine is ready to read anytime, anywhere. See our Editorial Calendar for details about planned features, departments, series and more.
Not all destinations and venues featured are guaranteed vacant of children and teens. We honestly assess their grownup appeal, ability to cater to an adult audience, and the likelihood of encountering youngsters with our “Odds of Encountering Children” ratings. Destinations that are truly adults-oriented as well as programs, services or venues exclusive to adults earn our 21 Plus Salute! top honors.
Getaways for Grownups is funded by advertising and welcomes partners who aim to promote products, businesses, festivals, attractions, destinations and venues that are adults-oriented. We will only consider advertising with an adults-oriented focus that is legal and tasteful. We want the ads on our site to always be relevant and appealing to our diverse readers. All advertising content is subject to editorial approval.
For full details, download our 2018 Media Kit.
We look forward to working with you!