Stay & play in northwest Louisiana.
By Hope S. Philbrick
During my recent first-time visit to Shreveport, Louisiana, I never gambled. But I should have. Because my luck was running high.
While most of the other conference attendees were lodged at a nearby national chain hotel where they knew what to reasonably expect of the place—and by all reports, that’s what they got—I was among the few staying instead at Sam’s Town Hotel & Casino. Slipping the key into the door of my assigned room felt like a roll of the dice: I had no idea what to expect.
It was a winning roll.
To say the room was huge doesn’t really convey its expansiveness. Both bathrooms at my condo could fit inside the bathroom in the guestroom I was assigned at check-in and still not fill the space up. It offered a large sink, double mirrored vanity area, water closet, tub/shower combo and oodles of floor space. I could have waltzed in there, if so inclined.
The bedroom was equally large, with a comfy bed, functional desk and cushioned lounge chair. It was clean, pleasantly decorated and had a welcoming vibe.
I’d have been content to spend more time at Sam’s Town, but, alas, conference obligations pulled me away. Next time, it warrants a leisure visit. With so much available on site, there’s really no need to leave.
- 514 rooms and suites on 23 floors
- Free parking
- Free Wi-Fi
- Smoking and non-smoking rooms available
- Flat screen TV in each guestroom
- Mini refrigerator in each guestroom
- Fitness center
- Spa Blu is located on the third floor
- Located within walking distance of the convention center
- Multiple on-site restaurants and boutique shops
- Casino is exclusive to adults age 21 and older. 21 Plus Salute!
- With three floors of slots and table games, Sam’s Town’s casino offers Blackjack, Single Deck Blackjack, Craps, Craps No More, Roulette, Mini Baccarat, Let It Ride, Mississippi Stud Poker, and Three Card Poker with Six Card Bonus. In addition, there are over 1,100 slots. Good luck!
- Odds of Encountering Children: Possible, but lower than at national chain hotels; since the casino is exclusively 21 plus, most guests are adults.
Sam’s Town Hotel & Casino
315 Clyde Fant Parkway
Shreveport, LA 71101
– Photos courtesy Sam’s Town Shreveport
Featured products, services and/or travel arrangements may have been complimentary in part or in full; this affords the research opportunity but does not sway opinion.