Hop or Pedal into Greenville, South Carolina.
(Of course, you could also drive.)
By Hope S. Philbrick
There is truth in advertising.
These words hang on the walls of Swamp Rabbit Inn.
It’s all that and more.
Swamp Rabbit Inn is billed as a “creative, modern” and “not your grandmother’s B&B.”
Colorful and whimsical, this is a cool, modern bed and breakfast. It’s been described as an upscale hostel, but I think it’s much nicer than that. It is set up like a European Inn…which means you can help yourself to breakfast and snacks in the community kitchen—ideal for anyone like me who isn’t a morning person and thus shies away from the formal group breakfasts at traditional B&Bs. Also, depending on which room you reserve, you may or may not get your own bathroom. Two rooms upstairs (Double Owl and Sheep) have private baths, but two rooms (Chicken and Goat) share a hall bath and two rooms on the main floor (Owl and Moose) share an ADA accessible bathroom. Book a room based on your level of openness: Sharing a bathroom with a stranger is not my idea of fun, but I could totally be on board with sharing to save money if traveling with a friend.
Swamp Rabbit Inn has a bright and cheery color scheme and comfortable, modern furnishings that all hail from IKEA.
There’s no key, you’ll get a private code to let yourself in when you arrive. Expect to feel immediately at home. Chalkboard walls are scrawled with recommendations for local eateries and other establishments, both helpful and welcoming.
Your experience here will be what you make of it.
Whatever brings you to Greenville, Swamp Rabbit Inn is a great place to crash for the night. Easily accessible to all Downtown has to offer, you can quickly tap in to the energy of the city.
And if you happened to arrive by bike, this is where to connect with other cyclists, get any necessary repairs, and pop back onto the Swamp Rabbit Trail after bed and breakfast.
- Located in a residential neighborhood
- 6 bedrooms
- Cushiony mattresses!
- Free parking
- Room rates start at $105-$200/night; rent the whole house for $700-$1000/night (sleeps 12-16)
- Located 2 blocks from Downtown Greenville SC
- Located 2 blocks from the Swamp Rabbit Trail
- Self-catering continental breakfast (fresh pastries put out daily)
- Community kitchen (help yourself to frozen waffles, yogurt, bananas, etc.)
- Bike rental fleet and bike maintenance on site
- All IKEA furnishings
- Near Flour Field, Peace Center, Falls Park, Bon Secours Arena
- Convenient to restaurants, shops and more
- Odds of Encountering Children: Varies. I saw none, you might not get as lucky.
Swamp Rabbit Inn
1 Logan St.
Greenville, South Carolina
In case you missed it: This was our second encounter with a self-help-style B&B; our first was in Asheville NC.
– Photos © HSP Media LLC
Featured products, services and/or travel arrangements may have been complimentary in part or in full; this affords the research opportunity but does not sway opinion.