By Hope S. Philbrick
The thrill of walking into a luxurious hotel room is a feeling that never gets old. When it’s a super clean, adults-oriented luxury room with a relaxing view, even better! Add a decadent bathroom with a deep soaking tub, and there’s no obvious reason to ever leave the room! Such is the overwhelming sensation of “Ahhhhh, this is the life!” when stepping into your guest room at The Inn at Pursell Farms.
Pursell Farms is a 3,200-acre resort in Sylacauga, Alabama that offers so many tempting reasons to get out and explore, though, that you’ll definitely want to have fun in the great outdoors…but while you’re out there, it’s nice knowing that a wonderful, private retreat awaits your return!
Opened on March 1, 2018, The Inn at Pursell Farms expands the luxury resort’s total number of guest rooms to 81. The Inn offers 40 beautiful, thoughtfully-designed guest rooms that are as romantic as they are practical. Rooms are well-suited for a foodie getaway, a work retreat, destination wedding, hunting trip, spa escape, golfing trip, or any excuse to visit the South’s only Orvis Sporting Grounds that’s also a Golf magazine Top 100 resort that’s rated #1 in Alabama by Golfweek.
The three-story Inn boasts scenic views of the pool, grounds, and surrounding foothills—a vista that’s an invitation to linger on your guest room’s private balcony. Sink into a cozy chair, gaze out over the grounds, sip from sparkling stemware, and cherish the good feeling.
The Inn at Pursell Farms is a place you’ll want to retreat to again and again. Do you really need a reason?
21 Point Inspection
- Adults Only/Odds of Encountering Children—Most guests are adults traveling without children. This is especially true during the work week.
- Parking—Free! Also complimentary valet parking.
- Clean—This non-smoking property is very clean.
- Space—Guestrooms are spacious with plenty of closet space to stash your personal belongings. In the closet you’ll also find an extra blanket, wood and padded hangers, iron and ironing board, plus a folding suitcase rack. All rooms also offer a wooden bench for a suitcase as well as a large bench at the food of the bed. An in-room safe is also provided.
- Kitchen(ette)—Guestrooms offer a mini ‘frig.
- Coffee/Tea—In-room coffee machine with basic supplies, including bottled water, coffee and tea options, various sweeteners, plus half-and-half.
- Glassware/Ice—Serving tray, cocktail napkins, ice bucket with tongs, and glassware (two coffee mugs, two artisan rocks, and two stemmed wine glasses) provided.
- Tub/Shower—Walk-in shower; some rooms have large bathtubs with a separate shower. Vanity has double sinks. Toilet is in separate area with a door for privacy. Good water pressure. In addition to towels you’ll find plush robes. Also provided are shampoo, conditioner, hand lotion, make-up remover pads, and cotton balls.
- Temperature—Adjust the room temperature to suit personal preferences; the HVAC system is quiet.
- Linens/Mattress—Upscale linens dress the very comfortable mattresses. The beds are triple-sheeted with high thread count cotton sheets.
- Hooks—Multiple towel bars and hooks are in the bathroom. Plus there’s a large closet.
- Hair Dryer—Yes. Plus a wall-mounted, lighted, magnifying mirror.
- Window Treatments—Draperies help darken the room and offer privacy.
- Seating—Our premiere king guestroom had a desk chair plus an upholstered chair with ottoman.
- Work-Friendly—Free high-speed Internet access. The desk offers plenty of room for a laptop and paperwork plus built-in electrical outlets, a desk lamp, and comfortable chair.
- Outlets—Recharge your electronics with ease. You’ll find built-in outlets at the desk as well as the bedside lamps.
- Pet-Friendly—As of May 15, 2018, Pursell Farms allows dogs in rooms designated as dog friendly only (all dog-friendly rooms are located on the first floor of The Inn and Hogan cabin). Dogs are the only animal allowed and the limit is two dogs per room. Dogs are NOT allowed at the pool, food and beverage outlets, or lobby sitting areas and must be on a leash when outside of the room. There is a designated dog-walking area that includes a disposal station located outside the Inn. Guests must book pet friendly accommodations in advance. There is $100 non-refundable pet fee. Dog amenities include food and water bowl.
- Service—Staff members are friendly and helpful.
- Pool/Hut Tub—The pool is open seasonally 7 days a week from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Towels are provided on the pool deck. No lifeguard on duty.
- Accessibility—Accessible rooms are available. Discuss options that can accommodate your specific needs when making a reservation. The three-story hotels does have accessible elevators.
- On-Site Amenities—Complimentary amenities include use of the pool, one hour of bicycle use per day, complimentary yoga sessions every Friday & Saturday at 4 p.m., access to the 24-hour fitness center, bocce ball court, and croquet set. Activity options available for additional fees include award-winning golf, spa services, Orvis shooting grounds, ultra-terrain mountain ride, horseback riding, fishing, cooking classes, an innovative poker-playing and food-sampling farm tour, Marble Valley Mercantile, and golf cart rentals. An ATM machine is on site. The Inn houses two new dining spaces: Arrington restaurant (where local ingredients are showcased throughout the menu) and Old Tom’s Pub (that features Scottish and American fare). The resort’s third dining space, the Clubhouse Grille, has been redesigned to add a full-service bar, indoor-outdoor seating, and new breakfast and lunch menus.
@21plusTravel Tip: At Old Tom’s Pub be sure to check out the pool table: It belonged to Jim Nabors, the American actor, singer, and comedian best known for his role as Gomer Pyle. Nabors was born and raised in Sylacauga, Alabama, and this is small tribute to the star in his hometown.
386 Talladega Springs Rd.
Sylacauga AL 35151
– Photos courtesy Pursell Farms
Featured products, services and/or travel arrangements may have been complimentary in part or in full; this affords the research opportunity but does not sway opinion.