Relax, Scandinavian-style in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
By Hope S. Philbrick
Finding the new Udånder Spa can be a challenge, especially if you’re unfamiliar with downtown Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. A reliable GPS will get you close, but you’ll still have to look around to find the entrance. It’s worth the effort: There’s no faster way to feel transported to a Scandinavian spa. Just stuff the parking meter or, better yet, opt for a public parking garage because two-hour street limits are not sufficient—besides, watching the clock would detract from your relaxation.
Come here to escape worry.
Udånder (Danish for “exhale”) is a steam and sauna spa. You’ll strip down, shower, pull on a robe or towel if you’re discreet, and then wander from one sort of hot relaxation area to another.
Come alone or bring a group of friends for some communal down-time.
The whole idea here is to customize your spa experience to fit your schedule, preferences and unique needs.
The facility offers an aromatherapy steam room, dry sauna, soaking tubs, relaxation area, three private treatment rooms, and a locker room with three showers.
The treatment menu offers steam and sauna sessions, private baths, massage and skincare treatments, foot soaks and more.
Got three hours? Try this: start with a shower, steam, sauna and foot soak. Follow it up with a 60-minute massage; the pros here know how to manipulate muscles to relieve tension. Then linger in the relaxation room until you’re ready to shower, dress and depart.
You may not want to leave, but find comfort in knowing you’re welcome to return.
- The spa is open daily, but hours alternate between male and female. Check the online schedule for details.
- Udånder is a bathing suit optional spa; you’re encouraged to dress down to your level of comfort.
- Bring your own haircare and styling products.
- Fees start at $20 to use the facility and range up to $135 for a 90-minute treatment. Add-ons like a facial mask or foot soak range from $5 to $15.
- Healthy tea and snacks are available for purchase.
- Odds of Encountering Children: Very low.
131 Dean A McGee Ave., Suite 105
Oklahoma City, OK 73102
- Stay at The Skirvin Hilton or Ambassador Hotel
- Read about the Boathouse District
- Read about Oklahoma River Cruises
- Read about OKC’s racetrack casino
- Read more about OKC
– Photos courtesy Udånder
Featured products, services and/or travel arrangements may have been complimentary in part or in full; this affords the research opportunity but does not sway opinion.