Take romance to new heights of WOW.
Summer packages now available.
By Hope S. Philbrick
Let’s get real: There comes a point in any long-term relationship when things are more ho-hum than wow.
W Atlanta Downtown has the solution.
Book a summer package and stay for an overnight (or two) to take your romance to new heights.
W hotels have a ‘whatever/whenever’ policy that translates loosely to mean that staffers are committed to doing anything necessary to get guests to say “wow.” That makes planning this getaway easy: Pick one of the W Atlanta Downtown’s ready packages, or pick and choose among the available options for a custom mix. Just grab your sweetie and pick a date.
When my husband and I stayed at the W Atlanta Downtown recently, we got upgraded to a WOW suite (thanks to my being a member of the Starwood Preferred Guest loyalty program and the fact that it was available). Overlooking the city, the five-room suite was furnished with two curved couches, a chaise lounge, king bed with a cushy mattress, two-person shower, and decorated in a purple and black ‘come hither’ color scheme. It was a fantastic space, the sort of hotel extravagance that could easily serve as a movie set for sensual scenes. (The W seems to be well aware of this, since there’s a “couple’s kit” among the in-room mini-bar amenities.)
You might book a couples massage at Bliss Spa. Or head to the rooftop pool—which is known for its spectacular city views and festive vibe—to sip cocktails from Wetbar. Or relax together in the Living Room lobby bar. Either way, you can’t go wrong with your sips: The bartenders here make well-balanced creative cocktails.
If you and your sweetie crave culture, preferring to work your minds before your bodies, stroll a few blocks away from the W to the Center for Civil and Human Rights where emotionally-moving and thought-provoking exhibits are sure to spark conversation. Prefer milder subject matter? The World of Coca-Cola, Georgia Aquarium, and Centennial Olympic Park are in the same neighborhood.
For all out drama, though, one option soars above the rest: book a private helicopter tour of Atlanta. Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or simply looking to take your relationship to a higher level, W staffers will escort you to the hotel’s private heliport where you can pose for a few selfies before climbing in and taking off on an unforgettable tour. Even if you’ve lived in Atlanta for decades, you’re bound to learn something on the informative, breathtaking aerial tour. Hovering above the city, it’s impossible not to feel like a VIP. Do not forget your camera!
When you land, crack open a bottle of bubbly to toast your shared experience then head to dinner at BLT Steak or retreat to your room for some private time.
W Atlanta Downtown soars way above average.
- Check in at 3 p.m., check-out by Noon
- Complimentary Wi-Fi for SPG members
- Valet parking $32/day
- Pets welcome
- Fitness center
- Business center
- Bliss Spa
- Rooftop pool
- BLT Steak restaurant
- Living Room lobby bar
- WETBAR pool bar
- And more standard amenities plus hotel amenities
- Book a package
- Rates from $150/night
- Atlanta locals save 20%
- Summer Pool Passes are available through Hand-Picked for $20; includes Saturday or Sunday access to Wetdeck, towel service, and a complimentary Tito’s cocktail; special Saturday programming throughout summer includes a live DJ, poolside games and giveaways
- On Sunday mornings, water yoga classes are hosted by Bliss Spa; participants enjoy a complimentary Tito’s cocktail made with bai juice
- Odds of Encountering Children: Possible, but very low. I’ve been to this hotel several times over the years and have never seen a child. It’s popular with business travelers, locals, and multi-cultural international guests.
W Atlanta Downtown
45 Ivan Allen Jr. Blvd.
Atlanta GA 30308
– Property Photos courtesy W Atlanta Downtown; Helicopter Tour Photos © HSP Media LLC
Featured products, services and/or travel arrangements may have been complimentary in part or in full; this affords the research opportunity but does not sway opinion.