Great place to drop near where to shop.
By Hope S. Philbrick
Shopping opportunities exist across the Atlanta metro area. But if you prefer to shop somewhere with a high concentration of stores, Buckhead is hard to beat: It boasts two malls (Phipps Plaza and Lenox Square), the new six-acre development Buckhead Atlanta, and several other clustered strips.
Buckhead routinely sells more hotel rooms than other Atlanta neighborhoods, which makes sense given its attractive collection of upscale stores and award-winning, buzz-worthy restaurants. So if you’re planning a visit and want to stay in Buckhead, best to make your hotel reservation in advance to be sure a room is available when you need it.
Westin Buckhead, which is located in a building that was previously a Swissôtel, boasts some unique art throughout the facility—including works by Andy Warhol and John Lennon. The lobby, where some of the most popular artworks are on display, is scheduled to begin the fourth and final phase of renovations within months. But the other public spaces have already been refreshed, and the multi-million dollar renovation included significant upgrades to its guest rooms and suites.
Westin is the most popular brand of the Starwood Hotels & Resorts collection, especially known for its “Heavenly Bed” and “Heavenly Bath” offerings. As one hotel representative put it, “You should leave a Westin feeling better than when you arrived.”
The new design scheme incorporates natural elements and an earthy color palate to create a relaxing environment. Guestrooms are spacious, clean, boast great views, and have compelling conveniences like adjustable LED reading lights in headboards and bedside lamps with electrical plug-ins for all of your electronics.
Westin Buckhead is a comfortable place to drop after you shop, eat and play in Buckhead.
To date, Westin Buckhead has implemented 65 eco-friendly programs, including:
- Food waste composting
- Single stream recycling process for cardboard, paper, plastics, aluminum, glass and steel
- Recycling of cooking oil into diesel fuel
- Sun shades to allow daylight and block solar heat
- Sensors to control lighting
- Automatic temperature setback on guestroom refrigerators
- Automatic water faucets in public restrooms
- Rewards for guests who opt out of housekeeping throughout their stay
- 100% smoke free
- High-speed Internet access, complimentary for gold and higher level Starwood SPG reward members
- 365 guestrooms including 11 suites (junior, executive, governor and presidential)
- Only suites have bathtubs; standard guestrooms have showers only
- 24-hour business center
- On-site ATM
- Complimentary hotel car service within a two-mile radius
- Complimentary breakfast for guests who stay on executive floors with access to the Executive Club Lounge
- Valet and self-parking
- On-site dining options include The Palm Restaurant, known for its steaks and jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters; Eden’s Café, which serves coffee, pastries and sandwiches; and 24-hour room service
- SuperFoodsRx menu options support healthy eating
- Westin Buckhead has an indoor swimming pool, extensive workout facility and partnered with Runners magazine to map out a 3-mile and 6-mile route
- Guests save 15% off all purchases at Lenox Square Mall—just flash your room key
- @21plusTravel Tip: For the best rates, visit in November, it’s traditionally the hotel’s slowest month
- Odds of Encountering Children: Moderate to low; this hotel lures more business travelers than families, especially during the workweek.
3391 Peachtree Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30326
– Above photos Courtesy Westin Buckhead; below © HSP Media LLC
Featured products, services and/or travel arrangements may have been complimentary in part or in full; this affords the research opportunity but does not sway opinion.